ECV is searching for a Senior Data Engineer to join ECV’s Israel team. The person should have experience in hands-on development, with a desire to build robust internal tools and products that can make a difference to the fund and portfolio companies whilst getting a front row seat to the world of entrepreneurship and VC. Position includes full responsibility of the product end-to-end, ability to work on diverse technologies and create data pipelines, predictions and visualizations with complex data.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building, enhancing and maintaining data pipelines, including sourcing data
- Maintaining internal front-ends for the team to interact with the data
- Working with fund partners on new products, attending deal flow meetings and being active in determining product direction
- Explore new technologies to enrich data and drive conclusions
- Own and maintain current platform while working with diverse tools
- Potentially build a team from scratch, including offshore
- 5 years’ experience in hands on development
- End-to-end data scientist, stack:
- SQL, PostgreSQL DB architecture and complex queries, dbt
- Optional: R, classical machine learning and NLP libraries
- Apply software engineering skills and best practices such as version control, testing, and continuous
integration (CI), as well as knowing how to create and maintain clean, structured, documented datasets ready for analysis with modern ETL/ELT, and collecting data from the open web and APIs using scraping tools.
- Fluent English speaker with excellent communication and written skills.
- Ability to function independently and a self-starter, who has built full products in the past.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Hands on technical experience from the IDF
- Familiarity with scrapy library in Python
- Entrepreneurial background / aspirations
- Experience / interest in VC
- BI experience
- Global fund managing over $1B across several funds.
- Experienced investors in Enterprise software, SaaS, B2C, Fintech and DeepTech worldwide (short list of our investments: Monday.com, Riskified, Rapyd, Coupang, Prospa, Fundbox, Toka Cyber Builders, Stripe, Deliveroo, Pillpack)
- ECV Invests in both early and late stage ventures across verticals and across geographies
- Recently ranked most active early stage investor in Israel, one of the top Israeli funds backing unicorns and one of the most prominent funds in Europe.
If you are a data engineer who wants to be on the inside of changing the VC and startup industry, and who wants exposure to how Tier-1 investors make investments, we want to meet you.
? Please send your resume to email@example.com